Here is a good quality Board Meeting Agenda Template that can help at any stage to organize a board official meeting with efficient power. Board Meetings are organized to monitor a routine progress and then stream line industry requirements with your organization’s goals and strategies. Board Meetings can be organized in schools, business organizations, non-profit communities and/or mission-oriented departments. However at every field of life, board members are sitting together to plan high level management activities and policies. As compare to other traditional meetings, board meeting is more formal and official as all the participants are designated as the top most body or top level management hence must be gathering together for a serious discussion. Using time efficiently is also a key factor to get maximum productivity from such official meetings and can only be achieved by preparing a well-thought meeting agenda. All members of the board are suppose to be very busy personalities and hence will require extra ordinary arrangement to be used for a productive and result oriented meeting.
Here is preview of this Board Meeting Agenda Template created using MS Word 2010,
Tips for organizing Board Meetings:
Here are some useful tips to help staff in organizing board meetings and preparing an efficient meeting agenda,
- Meeting organizing staff must start planning such high level meeting a couple of months before its date. Communicate with the executive members and try to obtain their schedules in the proposed days of meeting to find out a feasible date suitable for all the members.
- Carefully list down all the activities/topics need to be performed or discussed during that meeting. Better to prioritize them as per its importance and criticality for the organization.
- Prepare a draft Board Meeting Agenda and circulate it among the board members along with a request to comment. Information them that it is a proposed agenda and a final agenda will be prepared after receiving the input from all the respected members.
- Time box activities as per priority assigned to each task and use breaks effectively to help members regain their concentration for the bigger issues.
- Plan refreshments as per the preference of meeting participants and better not to serve heavy food with lots of fat that can cause lack of concentration during the meeting. Always serve tea or coffee during the meeting as it is found to be very productive in concentrating on underlying issues for the individuals.
- At least send two reminders before meeting date to help members recalled it and plan to prepare for it.
Here is download link for above shown Board Meeting Agenda Template created using MS Word 2010,